Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Drink Canada Dry

My buddy Mike from Knoxville was in town last Thursday. He was visiting relatives in DC, but decided to skip a baby shower in favor of a few hours here on the Bay. I was happy to see him. I picked him up at the closest Metro station and we were out on the Bay within the hour. Unfortunately, the Bay was a bit choppy that day. We ran into four foot swells just North of Sandy Point. We were soaked from the waves and spray, but couldn't resist casting a few times. When it comes to fishing, Mike's one hell of a tennis player. Still, he served up a pretty nice sized rockfish. It was really too bouncy to fish, so we scooted in to Annapolis, picked up a couple of cans of Yuengling, and cruised the city dock and surrounding harbor area. Afterwards, we met Dianne at the bar at Deep Creek for dinner, then topped the evening off by sitting on the deck with a bottle of single malt and BSing until 3:00 AM. Neither of us were too happy to see morning roll around, but I had to work so I loaded his limp body into the truck, and kicked him out back at the Metro. I looked in my rear-view to see him stumbling toward the train. I'm not sure what happend after that.... Hope he survived!