Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Interlude - Sunrise, Sunset


We interupt these fishing reports to bring you another reason why I love spending time on the water. The first shot is sunrise over Kent Island taken Saturday morning about 6:00 AM. My nephew Jake and I were almost too busy catching fish to look up when the sky started getting light. But I'm sure glad we did. The second is sunset behind Sandy Point Lighthouse. We were heading back home after a Wednesday evening fishing trip when the sky just lit up. The oranges and yellows framed the red lighthouse perfectly. I shot about a dozen pictures but I think this is the best. I think the water looks like pure gold.