Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wolf Moon with Dropper Fly



My friend Dave told me that the January full moon is called a "Wolf Moon." I think he liked the name because Dave's last name is Wolf! The shot above was taken from the dock looking out toward Gibson Island. I got out on the water for about an hour tonight and bounced down to the bridge in the 2 foot waves. The fish were just where I hoped they'd be. I got this nice 18" double just at sunset. On the way back I shot this picture of the moon just coming up behind Baltimore Light. When I got back to the dock, the moon was still rising over Gibson Island. I liked the way the florescent dock light illuminated the fly I had been using against the reflection of the moon on the water. (Click on the pics to see them full size.) -Shawn