Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Friday, December 29, 2006

So I took the wife fishing .....


I asked Dianne to go fishing with me today. It was cold and a little windy, but she agreed if I promised not to stay out all afternoon. She did everything wrong. Used the wrong lure, fished at the wrong depth, casted to the wrong places, held the rod wrong and worst of all, completely out fished me! She hooked a fat 14" rockfish on her first cast and didn't stop until she'd also landed one of the biggest white perch I've seen lately. We stayed for about an hour then she decided to make the proverbial, "one last cast." Sure enough, she reeled in another nice rockfish. -Shawn

Labels: , , ,