Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Confirming earlier reports.....


That the top-water bite is still hot, Mike R. joined me last night for a stormy weather fishing trip over to the east side of the Bay Bridge. Mike and I have been fishing together for a few weeks now and I'm enjoying his company. There was rain and a sustained 17 kt northeast wind all day yesterday. I wouldn't have given us a 2 cent chance at catching fish when we left the dock. But when we reached the pipe, we started marking fish. Miked hooked up right away on a homeade jig. I saw fish high on the FF so started throwing my 6" top-water lure. The waves were so big I couldn't see the plug most of the time, but I did see this fish attack! I thought he was going to be a lot bigger than he was because he fought so aggresively! I've had my best fishing on the Bay in crappy weather. Glad to see the fish are still there!