Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ouch! Fiberglass repairman needed

We're smack in the middle of a nor'easter. We've had high winds and driving rain since I got in from fishing last night. When I arrived back at the dock the tide was very low. I couldn't get the boat on the lift far enough, and since it wasn't seated in the bunk properly, I didn't want to raise it up all the way. I went out several times, once after midnight hoping to get her raised, but there still wasn't enough water. This morning Dianne woke me up about 7:30 AM. I could tell from her tone of voice something was wrong. The storm brought the water up very fast and the strong winds washed the boat over the lift and up on to one of the dock pilings. It ate her up pretty good. The only positive I can see is that the hole goes through to the anchor well, and the lower hull isn't damaged. I'm obviously looking for a good fiberglass repairman. I'm just sick about it and feel like a real idiot for not setting a clock to get up and check on it. -S

2 Comments:

Blogger Wicketywack said...

Oh no! That's horrible!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Ouch, that hurts! Good luck with it all. We had high winds and tons of rain but no power outages, oddly. Last week it snowed three inches and the power went out. Go figure! Hope to see you soon!

Anna

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home