Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good news & bad news


My idea about using a parachute instead of a bucktail (fly) didn't work. The plugs don't run right. But the good news is, I caught some very nice fish this afternoon on the 1oz flies. Two of the fish were even bigger than the ones I caught Thursday. Here's the report I posted to the Tidal Fish bulletin board:

I started at Matapeake but couldn't find much happening late this afternoon so moved on down to Bloody Point just as it started to rain. Heard some guys on the radio say they got 6 before they moved out. Thought I was gonna get skunked until the wind started blowing and I guess it moved the bait up or something 'cause the gannets started going nuts, a group of 30 or so diving just north of the lighthouse. Fish started hitting my bucktails. I had a devil of a fight on my hands with my light outfits and the wind. Boated 5 fish and lost two more, all within 2 hours during the rain. It got too rough to setup my camera on the console to take pictures. Got two fish bigger than any I've caught so far on the Bay. The bigguns hit the smallest lures, 1oz bucktails with a twister tail trolled with a Bagleys DD22. This is FUN!!! -S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home