Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Biking

It's kinda' dragging in, but I think Spring is finally coming to Maryland. Temps for the past couple of days have at least been in the 50s. I took Dianne's bike out yesterday evening for a few miles on the Baltimore-Annapolis bike trail. It's a nicely paved level trail that's about 15 miles long. You can acutally ride the trail from the BWI airport to the Annapolis City Dock. I didn't have enough daylight yesterday to see much more but the section between Severna Park and Arnold. It travels mostly through backyards and beside highways, but there are a few sections of woods and creeks. I stopped on my way home tonight to look for a bike because Dianne's is too small for me. I'll try to find an inexpensive one on Craigslist. We found a boat we liked last weekend. I don't want to say too much so I don't get my hopes too high, but if the bank cooperates, we might have something moored beside our dock in a couple of weeks! -S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home