Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Boxes, boxes, and more boxes!


I can't say that I learned too much about the Bay today as my daylight hours were spent learning the ins and outs of the new job. After arriving home this evening, it was back to the same activity we've had every night since we arrived.... unpacking boxes! Dianne has done the lion's share of the unpacking, but I've had my list of chores as well. Our Bay house is a somewhat smaller than the one we left in downtown Knoxville, so even after selling, giving away, and tossing out tons of stuff before we moved, we still seem overstocked. That's resulted in three trips so far to Ikea so we could add shelves to the closets and put up more book cases. The boys are flying up for their first visit this weekend, so we have some motivation to get things in order. I can't wait to hear their observations about the house and the water. I've only been away from them a few days but I miss them badly. As for getting the place in shape, I'm sure we'll want to have a house warming party soon. You can bet one thing, we won't be accepting any gifts unless we can eat or drink it! Okay..... back to the boxes! -S