Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Friday, September 08, 2006

One fish, two fish, red fish, .....

Bluefish... That was the name I wanted for the new band, but it was already taken by about 50 other bands in all kinds of music styles. So I'll settle for catching my blues with rod-n-reel. Went out with my fishing buddy and fellow band member Dave last night, and found some nice blues and rockfish breaking at the mouth of the Chester River. Tonight I cruised up to an area called Seven Foot Knoll near the mouth of the Patapsco and caught a few. Got a few more coming back home at Mountain Point. I'm thowing a top-wather plug (chugger) with a fly tied on behind. The only modification from my tried-and-true freshwater setup is that I'm using a thin wire leader. Those Bluefish have very sharp teeth! -S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home