Adventures in the Chesapeake

From the hills of Eastern Tennessee to the mouth of the Magothy River, a narrative about learning to live in the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chesapeake Bay Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Born and raised in East Tennessee, a bluegrass musician and sleep medicine professional who is starting new chapters of adventure on the upper western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Monday, July 10, 2006

If I Had A Rocket Launcher.....

That's the title of a Bruce Cockburn song I've been singing to myself lately while trying to troll with the two skinny rod holders on the transom of the Sea Ray. They just aren't up to the task of handling the big rods and heavy baits needed for trolling in the Bay. I looked at the stainless 1:3 converters Bass Pro and Boater's World sells, but they cost over $125.00 each. Tonight I stopped by Home Depot and picked up 18 bucks worth of PVC pipe. What do you think? -S